nDash.com is a content creation platform that provides brands and agencies with access to the world's top freelance writers.
I am a versatile writer and communications professional with business and legal journalism expertise. My work involves collaborating with expert sources to identify novel and important ideas and translating their knowledge into engaging print, web and social media content. I’m also skilled at fast and efficient research and analysis of unfamiliar topics.
I’ve been a reporter for numerous B2B publications including the National Law Journal, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the Boston Business Journal and written for general-interest newspapers including the Manchester Union Leader and the Sun Sentinel.
My communications experience includes writing and editing press releases and media statements, newsletter articles, blog postings, a successful grant application and the follow-up evaluation report, and ghostwriting. I’ve also managed social media accounts, helped create a social media calendar and advised a nonprofit on its media strategy.
Experience in corporate roles underpins my research, analysis and coverage of business topics. I worked at a workers’ compensation insurance organization and at a mutual fund company, where I earned securities licenses and advised shareholders on their investments.
Technology skills: Certified in Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), HubSpot Content Marketing and Inbound; Knowledge of HootSuite, WordPress, Basecamp, SEO, Adobe InCopy & InDesign.
Find writers and ideas in this industry
Find writers and ideas in this industry
• Wrote 15 stories per month for the print edition and web site about significant legal matters, legislative developments, law firms and notable attorneys. • Managed multiple stories each week in a fast-paced editorial environment. • Researched information for stories by mining publications, websites and databases. • Drew on interviewing and interpersonal skills to gather data from sources and work closely with them throughout the story process. • Advanced the company’s digital content strategy by increasing my Twitter following, making contributions to email newsletters, and collaborating with the digital editor on content decisions.
Company: BridgeTower Media, LLC
I worked there from 12/2015 until 10/2016
• Established the NLJ’s presence in Massachusetts as the first Boston Bureau Chief, increasing the paper’s coverage of Boston legal issues and influence in the region. • Wrote hundreds of stories per year, including news, trend and feature stories about legal issues, law firms and notable attorneys. • Contributed daily web stories and used Twitter to issue news and promote stories, enhancing the NLJ’s digital presence and reach. • Assisted with the project management of 25 special editorial sections about law practice specialties and corporate legal departments over a two-year period. • Researched stories by mining business and legal news databases and reaching out to lawyers and industry leaders. • Covered high-profile local court matters, including cases related to the Boston Marathon bombing and the James “Whitey” Bulger trial.
Company: ALM Media, LLC
I worked there from 7/2006 until 12/2015
• Wrote 20 stories each month about business issues facing the legal, energy, manufacturing, defense, advertising and education sectors. • Provided stories for web publication on a daily basis, enhancing the paper’s digital reach. • Edited my own and other reporters' work in weekly proofreading sessions. • Worked with state court personnel to develop a system for tracking business litigation at Suffolk Superior Court, increasing the paper’s volume and quality of legal coverage • Created a court research guide and trained colleagues how to research and write about legal matters. • Made presentations to legal and marketing groups about how to work with the media.
Company: American City Business Journals, Inc.
I worked there from 10/2000 until 7/2006
• Wrote magazine stories about manufacturing and distribution companies and industry trends. • Worked with the editorial team on research and reporting projects. • Edited my own and other reporters' work. • Contributed articles about suppliers to the company's custom publishing magazines. • Participated in industry conferences as a representative of the magazine.
Company: Cahner's Business Information
I worked there from 2/2000 until 10/2000
• Write and edit blog postings, newsletter articles, press releases, and stories for media placement. • Ghostwrite materials for the organization's leadership. • Crafted press releases about the organization's position on a proposed development. • Helped write and edit a letter of intent and application that secured a $100,000 grant. • Synthesized information from several sources to write a mid-term grant evaluation report. • Contribute to branding projects, including a brochure revision. • Recognized with the 2017 Friends Service Award for writing and public relations work and the “commitment and willingness to devote time, contribute talent, and shoulder significant responsibility to support the Friends’ vital work.”
Company: Friends of the Middlesex Fells Reservation
I worked there from 5/2015 until now
• Write, ghostwrite, edit and proofread communications materials, including blog postings, a video script and a promotional flyer. • Advise the CEO on the organization’s social media plan, content calendar and blog strategy. • Managed the organization’s Twitter and Facebook accounts for three months, increasing followers on each platform by double-digit percentages.
Company: Kids in Tech Inc.
I worked there from 12/2016 until 6/2017