nDash.com is a content creation platform that provides brands and agencies with access to the world's top freelance writers.
I have two decades of writing and editing experience. More has been in sportswriting than anything else, with extensive experience at FOXSports.com and FOXNews.com. I also spent some time as a broadcaster, so I can write scripts, radio/TV ads, and more.
Consulting work has spanned industries such as telecommunications, automotive parts manufacturing, real estate and economic development. While an ad agency account manager, I learned insurance, childrenswear and a bit of consumer products (a soft drink). If I don't have experience in an industry, I'll learn it quickly. SEO is always a consideration for website writing and blogging, and I'm well-versed in writing for social media platforms.
Work samples can be found at johnhalpin.com. Thanks for your consideration.
I wrote this when Tiger Woods returned from his infamous domestic incident. It's not really a marketing piece, but it displays my writing versatility.
We've written posts for each of Loop's 38 business phone features, reasoning that sheer volume of content would aid SEO performance. It has, with web traffic doubling year over year.
Loop partners with MSPs. This piece positions the company as a thought leader on such companies.
I wrote the script for this TV segment, and performed in it. If you need any script writing, this is a good example.
My weekly column from last season included a Super Bowl pick. I hope you like the writing more than the prediction.
* Content marketing for Loop Communications, a business phone systems provider for small- and mid-sized companies. Work appears on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and at company website (loopcommunications.com) * SEO efforts helped Y-O-Y website traffic (2016-17) increases: Page views +101%, Sessions +88.1%, Users +79.3%. * Managed social media efforts (via an ad agency) for WIX Filters. * Agency clients include Wray Ward, Luquire George Andrews
Company: John Halpin Consulting LLC
I worked there from 9/2008 until now
* Offered regular fantasy sports analysis for football and baseball, writing blog posts and weekly articles, hosting podcasts and Facebook Live Q&A sessions, and moderating live chats. Analysis included regular appearances on SiriusXM's Fantasy Sports Channel, NESN and WFNZ Radio (Charlotte).* Ranked among the top 20 percent of analysts in weekly fantasy football accuracy by FantasyPros.com (2012-16).
I worked there from 1/2007 until 6/2017
* Hosted and produced weekly segments on "Inside Panthers Football," which appeared on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel from 2014-17, and created social media content for @PanthersTV * Join Panthers' radio pregame show for a segment prior to each preseason and regular season game (current)
Company: Carolina Panthers
I worked there from 8/2014 until now
* Host and produce the RotoWire Fantasy Football Podcast, which features four new episodes each week* Social media presence - through which I answer many fantasy-related questions - includes more than 6,000 Twitter followers and 2,000 Facebook followers.
I worked there from 7/2017 until 1/2018
* Directed a six-person team responsible for all content and production on NHL.com, the league's official website* Managed a staff that launched the first websites for seven NHL teams and USA Hockey
I worked there from 1/1997 until 4/2000