nDash.com is a content creation platform that provides brands and agencies with access to the world's top freelance writers.
Experienced writer and editor who is well-versed in optimizing content for SEO. Brian's content marketing experience includes branded microsites, B2B writing, B2C writing, email marketing, e-commerce, sponsored content, and blog and article writing. Brian works well with deadlines and can turn copy around quickly. He has a journalism background and can conduct research as needed.
Sponsored content piece for Barilla that appeared on Food Service Director website.
Example of website writing. I worked with a designer to create a new website for them. Conversion increased by 20 percent after the the new copy and design went live.
Sponsored content piece that appeared in Restaurant Business. It is a B2B piece targeted to restaurant operators.
Each year BrightStar Care selects a caregiver of the year. I created this blog to highlight the nominees. I wrote the introduction, edited the nomination letters, selected the pictures, and published the content to the web.
Business management blog post for Ivy Exec. Ivy Exec is a community of 1.5+ million mid- to senior-level professionals seeking opportunities to advance their career and develop professional skills.
Travel story for the Getaway.com.
Blog post about implementing Lean Principles in woodworking, and the importance of having quality machines and equipment.
● Write and edit content for B2B publications in the restaurant industry ● Created sponsored e-newsletter campaigns optimized for open rate, click-through rate and conversion ● Develop and write sponsored content for B2B publications working with client goals, specifications and feedback ● Conduct content and site audit and create SEO content recommendations for B2B clients including best practices and content ideas ● Write and analyze content to maximize key digital metrics such as unique visit
I worked there from / until now
● Wrote, edited and proofed content for white papers, job outlook guides, website blogs, email marketing campaigns and other content initiatives ● Developed content ideas to highlight vertical subject areas including in finance, nursing, engineering, business, and education ● Was the lead writer and editor on sponsored content that established partners as thought leaders, built brand awareness and led to lead conversions ● Created and managed content calendars
Company: Kepath Education
I worked there from 10/2016 until 8/2018
As Editor I oversaw content for six websites and a weekly print product. I led online audience development and monetization efforts as well as the integration of our print and digital properties. ● Editor of an 80,000-circulation weekly print product ● Created and oversaw editorial calendar and schedule ● Wrote, edited and developed content for website, weekly newspaper and five lifestyle magazines ● Edited weekly long-form feature that profiled local community leaders
Company: JWC Media
I worked there from 9/2015 until 9/2016
● Wrote and oversaw creation of sponsored content for media clients including Sony Pictures ● Created sponsored e-newsletter content for national advertising clients, ensuring campaign performance and brand alignment ● Recast external facing brand materials for the marketing and sales team ● Part of a team that worked to reorganize the editorial department following acquisition by venture capitalist ● Implemented a national content plan that generated about 1 million page views per week
I worked there from 1/2014 until 9/2015
● Ensured news coverage across the north suburbs of Chicago ● Oversaw content for more than 20 hyperlocal community website in the greater Chicago area ● Worked with team of 10 editors and writers creating content to ensure site traffic performance ● Devised digital content strategies designed to build audience ● Executed social media strategy to foster engagement ● Analyzed metrics for informed decision-making ● Conducted nationwide training for Patch on best web practices
I worked there from 3/2012 until 12/2013
● Edited and wrote news stories on a daily basis, providing leadership and ensuring editorial quality ● Helped launch Patch in the Chicago market and build the audience into one of the best in the country ● Built local blogging network and oversaw Patch community of writers ● Programmed daily morning newsletter and made data driven decisions
I worked there from 7/2010 until 2/2012
Edited copy, wrote editorials and produced the opinion page on a daily basis. Led the newspaper's editorial board in twice weekly meetings on a range of issues. Was responsible for the Northwest Herald's election endorsement process, organizing interviews with candidates, moderating debates and producing questionnaires for candidates.
Company: Shaw Media/Northwest Herald newspaper
I worked there from 2/2007 until 7/2010