nDash.com is a content creation platform that provides brands and agencies with access to the world's top freelance writers.
Gustav Christopher ('Gus') Wagner is a writer specializing in finance, tech, and sustainability from London, U.K. Over 15 years, he worked in banking, trading and as a FinTech entrepreneur.
Gus graduated from the Vienna University of Business Administration with a master's degree in finance. He also holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation. In addition, he completed coursework at Oxford University's Saïd Business School in FinTech and the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership in Net Zero transition.
Gus is an advocate for animal rights and veganism. In addition, he enjoys philosophy, chess, running, and tennis.
Personal website / portfolio: https://www.gcwagner.com/
Some of the most significant trends going into 2023 are the rise of digital currencies, the growth of mobile payments, the rise of alternative payment methods and the increasing use of foreign exchange (FX) platforms.
The CoT report is a weekly report released by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission that breaks down the open interest for each major futures market.
The so-called 'Fear & Greed' indicator, is consistently quoted by social media influencers and investment media when market sentiment is questioned.
The motivation for creating an EU Electricity monitor page is a curiosity to understand better the dynamics in European Energy markets which unfolded in 2022. What story does the data tell for the reasons behind high electricity prices and low power generation?
A short guide to understanding carbon footprint and the many options for reduction if you're aiming to lessen the environmental impact of your business.
A social trading network is an online trading platform where traders can buy or trade shares of companies, commodities, or exchange-traded funds and interact with each other.
A short introduction to Carbon Credits. A carbon credit, in a broad sense, is a permit allowing a business holding the credit to emit (and offset) greenhouse gases or carbon dioxide. Whether this is a legal obligation for the relevant business or voluntary depends on the jurisdiction and legal carbon emission caps defined for businesses.
A difficult start to 2022: inflation scare, Ukraine war The start into 2022 certainly took most market participants by surprise: a rout in equities on the back of rising rates, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and an explosion in various commodity prices.
This is part of a series of very basic fundamental investment principles. I will try to explain in no-nonsense terms the simplest concepts of fundamental investing and how to apply them when researching stocks.
A comprehensive list of all currently active Carbon Credit Exchanges. Voluntary Carbon Offset Exchanges and allowance trading including VERs, CERs, VCUs, EUAs and EUAAs.
Israel has established itself as a premier world-known tech hub over the last decade. Many top-notch start-ups, in particular in technology, cybersecurity, FinTech and the alternative meat industry, have been successfully established and grown in the middle-eastern country. What is the secret to Israel’s success that many countries worldwide would like to emulate?
Kanban is a popular project management methodology that can help you optimize your workflow. If you and your team receive a lot of incoming work requests varying in priority and scale, Kanban, which is one of the most popular Agile project management methodologies, may fit your needs. It is a flexible, scalable, and easy-to-use framework that can help you and your team deliver quality products and services to your customers.
With the increase of inflation all around the globe, people started to wonder whether inflation would not affect only their purchasing power at home but also abroad through currency debasement. While there is no definitive answer to how inflation differentials affect exchange rates in the short term, it is clear to say that sustained inflation in one country above other countries’ inflation rates will debase this country’s currency in the long term.
In 2022, we have seen an unprecedentedly fast rise in inflation to levels last seen in the 1970s. The persistently high inflation is a concern for both individuals and businesses because it reduces purchasing power, which can lead to lower profits, increased expenses, and in some cases, severe economic hardship. Contrary to the initial expectation of central banks, inflation will not go away quickly. So, what does persistently high inflation mean for your international payments?
2022 Business and Climate Change: Towards Net Zero Emissions, University of Cambridge 2018 Oxford FinTech Programme, Saïd Business School, Oxford 2010 – 2014 Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program, CFA Institute 2002 – 2007 UNIVERSITY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, Vienna / AUT Majors in Investment Banking and Entrepreneurship
Company: MA in Business, CFA designation. Coursework in Net Zero (Cambridge) and FinTech (Oxford).
I worked there from / until now
Content Writing, Strategy and Advice for FinTech and Sustainable Finance Companies.
Company: All Markets Ltd., London / UK
I worked there from 10/2021 until 12/2022
• Developed and launched BlockFacts, a real-time financial data API & analytics platform for digital assets to quants, funds and traders. • Founder / CEO: core focus on product and business development, team building, funding. • Discontinued due to a lack of sufficient funding in the scale-up phase.
Company: BlockFacts Ltd., London / UK
I worked there from 10/2018 until 9/2021
• Managed the UK retail deposit business and key outsourcing arrangements. • Participated in a project to acquire a UK banking licence post-Brexit (ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP). • Managed a team of 5 employees across operations, marketing and risk. • FCA significant management function (SYSC 5.2.35) responsible for £2.7bn in client funds.
Company: RCI Bank, London / UK
I worked there from 4/2017 until 10/2018
• Managed the Austrian retail depot business and key outsourcing arrangements. • Established and enhanced customer experience, operations and supplier relationships. • Managed a team responsible for €900m in client funds. • Launched a new business savings unit as a direct banking model in a greenfield project. • Defined and implemented IT projects in core banking, online & mobile banking. • Set up the back-office, call centre, payment ha
Company: RCI Bank, Vienna / AT
I worked there from 9/2013 until 3/2017
• Mobile loyalty start-up: acquired more than 280 businesses, including Austria’s largest bakery chain. • Won the Vienna Business Agency ‘’Best Start-up / Founders of the Year’ award for 2013. • Awarded a 3-month residency at the IdeaSpace incubator in Cambridge, UK. • Sold the business to Herold Business Data GmbH (the ‘Austrian yellow pages’).
Company: Mybonus GmbH, Vienna / AT
I worked there from 5/2012 until 8/2013
• Sale of photography, phone accessories and consumer electronics in Europe and the UK. • Implemented a seamless supply chain from Asia into EU markets.
Company: Visionaer Ltd, London / UK
I worked there from 5/2010 until 8/2013
• Successfully acquired new institutional clients in the UK and Nordic region. • Supported the Global Head of Equity Sales with management presentations and business planning. • Managed a project to develop a sales credit system with external suppliers. • Provided mentoring to two junior analysts and interns.
Company: UniCredit Markets & IB, London / UK
I worked there from 1/2008 until 5/2010