nDash.com is a content creation platform that provides brands and agencies with access to the world's top freelance writers.
Sharon Platz brings a 38-year brick-and-mortar and freelance career to her writing and editing. She has experience in countless fields, including animal rescue, automotive, business and finance, law, nonprofit and sales and marketing. Her writing and editing have been published in print and on the websites of the Houston Chronicle, the Los Angeles Daily News, the Arizona Republic, the San Francisco Chronicle, Zack's Personal Finance and Opposing Views among others. She has also ghost-blogged for sites such as McGraw-Hill Education and edited for award-winning self-published and published authors.
Please peruse my digital portfolio for articles that have been published on the Houston Chronicle's website Chron.com and Zack's Personal Finance.
I ghost wrote this blog for KirinGie.Me. This is an example of my animal care writing.
• Written, edited and audited innumerable articles and blogs with an emphasis on animal care, automotive, business and finance, chiropractic, computer technology, education, environment, home and garden, legal, medical care, nonprofit, travel and taxes among other specialties for Internet publication • Print editing published in the Los Angeles Daily News • Ghostwriter for numerous professional blogs, including McGraw-Hill Education • Book editor for self-published and published authors
I worked there from 7/2009 until now
• Wrote and edited policies, procedures and all donor acknowledgment letters • Liaison between all College of the Canyons donors and the Foundation • Provided ongoing reconciliation between QuickBooks, Raiser’s Edge and Datatel of all existing fundraising accounts • Designed and performed monthly account reconciliation practices between the Foundation and Fiscal Services • Managed Foundation’s annual audit • Ensured Foundation was in compliance with IRS and Non-Profit Integrity Act regulations
Company: College of the Canyons Foundation
I worked there from 8/2006 until 6/2009
• Assisted Facility Manager and Financial Analyst • Assigned purchase orders to all expense and capital improvement projects for the Lancaster Distribution Center • Coded all invoices, matched invoices to purchase orders, obtained approval and sent to corporate office for payment • Invoiced temporary agencies for all expenses incurred by their onsite personnel and applied payments upon receipt • Reconciled QuickBooks against weekly Accounts Payable download received from Corporate
Company: Rite Aid Corporation
I worked there from 10/2005 until 7/2006
• Temporary Assistant/Rite Aid: Gathered and entered information into Access database/Created spreadsheets and charts to reflect data • Support Systems Coordinator/Specialty Laboratories: Reported Lead Blood Test results to state health departments/Prepared the required report for each state • HR Temporary Assistant/Antelope Valley Hospital: Scanned job descriptions into text format for electronic revision and storage/Scanned termination files into PDF format for electronic storage
Company: Sage Staffing
I worked there from 3/2005 until 10/2005
• Administrator/Carollo Engineers: Proofed, edited and coordinated the assembling and distribution of Carollo reports to clients/Proofed and edited engineering quarterly/Created, distributed and collected subcontracts/Handled expense reports, faxing and project scheduling/Built and maintained project websites for public and ppoject team use/Created and maintained sales and marketing reports for possible future projects
Company: Apple One Employment Services
I worked there from 12/2003 until 5/2004
• Edited, proofread and designed page layout of all proposals, geotechnical reports and external correspondence • Oversaw administrative staff at the Costa Mesa office
Company: Petra Geotechnical
I worked there from 8/2002 until 11/2003
• Created/produced proposals • Graphic support for client presentations, including PowerPoint presentations, poster boards, name tags and name plates • Obtained all information required for proposals from internal staff and sub-consultants • Maintained electronic and paper database of proposals, resumes, project datasheets and presentations
Company: Parsons Corporation
I worked there from 4/2001 until 8/2002